A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, August 5, 2016

We are such a talented group

Tuesday's Class ...


Michelle is finding it wise to knit her lace Poncho Air Lux when there is no one around.  I concur.  (Yarn: Air Lux (Fingering: 70% Rayon, 30% Wool, 328 yards.) Often I have two projects by my side when I knit quietly by myself.  One is my Poncho Air Lux and the other is my Cirrus Poncho that I switch to when family members come join me. ;)


She had washed and blocked her swatch with Royal Alpaca held double (Worsted: 100% Alpaca, 220 yards). She wanted to start knitting however, since the Llama ll Sweater is knit from the top down, she had to work up a quick swatch with Blue Sky Fibers Extra (Aran: 55% Alpaca, 45% Merino, 218 yards). That was ok though, it was stockinette stitch and she could participate in the conversation.


Here is a progress picture of Eleanor's (The) Quilt & Cable Blanket in Cascade Eco Plus (Bulky: 100% Wool, 478 yards).


Remember the baby gift she has to knit for twins that are due?  Eleanor decided to knit the Garter Yoke Baby Cardi with Cascade 220 Superwash sport (DK/Sport: 100% Superwash wool, 136 yards). She was inspired by the baby sweater I knit. I was delighted. After all, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." [Quote by Charles Caleb Colton.]
Charles Caleb Colton
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlescal203963.html
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlescal203963.html
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlescal203963.html
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlescal203963.html

Since Eleanor learned of the Quilt & Cable Blanket from Michelle, she referred to herself as a "copycat" knitter.  No matter how you phrase it, still a compliment. I can't tell you how many times I learn of a pattern from my students, customers, and friends.  It's how we roll.


Speaking of which, Eleanor and Michelle were enticed by the Simple Knit Shrug that Jane is knitting in Anzula Cricket (DK: 80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere, 250 yards).

Oh, Cornelia!  Her customfit sweater was too big! We were baffled as to how that could happen.  It was a combination of things.  She lost a significant amount weight (AWESOME) and the fit choice we made had more ease than she would like. I'll redo her measurements and start the process over again.  We all felt her pain and disappointment and volunteered to help her rip out the sweater. 


Allison did a great job on the I-cord edging on her Odele top.

She reviewed the pick up instructions for the neckline of the Easy Folded Poncho which read: pick up 3 stitches for every 4 rows. Literally that means pick up three stitches in a row (one per row) then skip the fourth.

And at Wednesday's  class ...


Mary has been diligently working on crocheting the squares of her Building Blocks Afghan together.



She had a few blocks turned to the wrong side.  It was easy to take out the crocheted seam and pin it the right way.  Then we pinned it all together.


Mary is ready for the cap shaping on her sleeve. 
 

Lois made a knitting faux pas and decided to wait for me to fix it.  She worked a few random purl stitches on a knit row or knit stitches on a purl row.


While I tinked back the couple of stitches I noticed that there was a hole consistent with stopping mid row and going the wrong way. So instead of taking out a few stitches, I took out a couple of rows.  Easy come, easy go. While I took it out, Lois discussed her plan for knitting the Building Block Afghan in three colors, grey, light blue, and darker blue: all trimmed with white.




No comments: