A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Sunday, July 31, 2016

I just can't help myself

I am an Eleventh hour person.  No matter how much I work on being ahead of the game, I work better in the eleventh hour. I feel like there should be a 12- step program, or maybe an 11-step program

When I found out there was going to be a baby shower for a family friend's daughter, I quickly picked up my needles.

I am a self proclaimed selfish knitter, it's true.  However, there is something special about knitting a gift.


First I knit the Garter Yoke Cardi in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (Sport: 55% Wool, 33% Microfiber, 12% Cashmere, 137 yards).


When I still had yarn and time to spare, I knit up a pair of Comfy Baby Socks.


After that, I still had yarn and time to spare (although at this point, we are talking days till the shower). I began my Baby's First Hat.  I started out striping it and didn't like that. 


Instead, I knit until I ran out of white, then switched to silver. With one day left and no time to spare, I power knit a baby hat and literally used up every bit of the yarn I bought for the sweater project.


I finished the knitting at 9:30 pm the night before the shower.  I soaked it in Dreft and laid it out to dry using a whisk in the hat and a fan to ensure it dried over night.


I'm happy to say that the mom-to-be was delighted with the gift. She made very rewarding ooh and ahh sounds. 


The ensemble. Next, I'll knit her a blanket for when the baby's born.




1 comment:

Harriet aka Mom said...

So beautiful! What a touching blog!