Started in 2014: 29
Finished in 2014: 26
6 baby gifts
5 holiday gifts
4 new designs
(The math doesn't add up here, in case you were trying. Some of the stats were in two categories.)
Reflecting on 2013's New Year's State of the Knitting (clearly I didn't make any resolutions for 2014).
1. I frogged my Lima Top Down Sweater - started September 2011, in favor of reworking it in a CustomFit design. I am much happier with the results. This marks my third CustomFit sweater. Rowan Lima (Worsted: 84% Alpaca, 8% Merino,
8% Nylon, 120 yards).
2. The Striped Cardigan a/k/a Shore - started March 2010 (curse you Ravelry for that lovely bit of information) remains high up on a shelf where it will stay indefinitely. It is as much work (if not more) to rip it out as it would be to finish it. Anyone who wants it, is welcome to it.
3. Frogged these socks.
4. Color Block Mohair Scarf - started December 2011, still on the needles. Rowan Kidsilk Haze (Lace:
70% Mohair, 30% Silk, 229 yards).
5. Mystery Shawl 2012: Rockefeller still hibernating.
6. Frogged Rhinebeck Cardigan a/k/a Vine Yoke Cardigan - started January 2011. I still like both the yarn and the pattern, just not together.
Of those 6, only 3 need to be finished. That being said, I still like to (mostly) abide by my 2013 resolutions:
4 projects at a time seemed manageable and kept my attention and I actually finished things.
1 project from stash yarns.
1 project that's been hibernating: fix, frog or finish.
1 project with new yarn. Let's face it, there are always going to be new tempting yarns.
1 project that is a store sample, design or class prep.
So, here I am at the starting gate with the following projects:
1. Stash: Lima CustomFit sweater (nearly done)
2. Stash: Marlene Socks with Cephalopod Bugga (Sport: 70% Merino, 20% Cashmere,
10% Nylon, 400 yards).
3. Stash: Turkish Bed Socks with Koigu PPPM (Fingering: 100% Merino, 175 yards). Cute little socks that claim to only use one skein.
4. New: Reverse Psychology with Dragonfly Fibers Gradient Sock Kit (Fingering: 100% Merino, 585 yards).
In the queue:
New: Hitchiker with madelinetosh tosh merino light (Fingering:
100% Merino, 420 yards).
Hibernating: Color block scarf
Stash: to be determined
Design: Either the hat I made Joe for the holidays or a baby hat e-book.
Have a Happy New Year!