A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, December 29, 2014

TV Compliant Knitting

All the deadline knitting is done and gifted.  I have two projects that are on the needles.  Both of which are not TV knitting compliant.

When we sat down to watch tv, I was at a total loss for something to knit.  It was a quiet agony, I tell you.  I couldn't mention it to my family, for sure they would mock me.

I tried sitting and just watching tv - not comfortable.  As a knitter or crocheter, you know we get the "heebie jeebies" if we are not working on something while watching tv.

I was going to swatch for VivaLou, but the designer has no gauge listed.  If I want to knit it, which I do, I'll have to wing it.  Since it calls for a true Moebius cast on, we were back to the "not TV compliant" issue.

Finally, at a commercial I ran up to Yarnia and looked at the mess I had left there. I'm in the midst of organizing and putting projects into my Ravelry queue if they have yarn and are "bagged and ready to knit/crochet".  I'm organizing for just this reason!  To simplify. I'm not there yet, so it was a scramble.

I found Picabeau, which had been in my favorites for years after seeing someone wearing it  somewhere.  It's TV compliant.  Big sigh of relief.  Now I could watch TV in peace. The yarn is Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 (Fingering: 70% Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon, 400 yards). I think one of the tags I'm going to add when I discover patterns is if it is TV compliant. 

Pre-blocking it measured 7.5" X 46". 


After wet-blocking, it measured 9.5" x 65".  This is one of those patterns, that if you weigh your yarn, you can knit through to half the weight (and at the end of a pattern repeat) and then begin the decreasing section.

No comments: