A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Fab 4 Week in Review

I decided to make Monday's post a status report to keep myself on track with my resolutions.  This may only last a week or two, who knows.
 1.  Chain Lace Big Fat Scarf.  This has been in my queue since the book came out in 2009.  I buy random skeins of Koigu wherever I find them because they are one of a kind.  Each dyelot can be so different that if I find a color I love, I buy it.  Needless to say, I've acquired quite an assortment.  This project covers two categories, class and stash ~ I didn't consider that loophole when I made my resolutions.  Hmmm.

2. Knit, Swirl Coat.  Once I saw the samples at Rhinebeck, where I met the author, I was hooked.  This is also a upcoming class and new.  I chose the Plum Perfect style (and not just for the title).  I tried on this version and liked how it looked.

The yarn is Plymouth Select Superwash Merino (worsted weight, 100% merino, 218 yards) and Mountain Colors Twizzle (worsted weight, 85% merino/15% silk, 250 yards).
3. Greenwillow Cowl.  I came upon this pattern while searching Ravelry for a customer at Westport Yarns.  Do you see the trouble I can get into while doing my job????  Danni and I were immediately smitten with this pattern, as was the customer.  I found stash yarn for this project from Rhinebeck. Spirit Trail Fiberworks, "Birte" (sport weight, 75% superwash merino/15% cashmerino/10% bomybx silk, 275 yards). You can knit a infinity scarf or a cowl.  I'm knitting the cowl version.
4. My hibernating project is also a design project.  I'm testing a pattern I wrote using Blue Ridge Yarns Footprints (fingering weight, 100% merino, 400 yards). This is a cool sock yarn.  There are two skeins, one skein is variegated, 300 yards and the other is a solid contrast color, 100 yards.
I have no idea what he's looking at. He was just hanging over the sofa like this for a while.  Maybe he's having a staring contest with his shadow.  It could happen.

No comments: