A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, January 4, 2013

A trip to the Library

 
You may or may not be aware that your Ravelry notebook has a library feature. Over the course of the summer I cataloged all the magazines and pattern booklets I owned into the Ravelry library.  Although it was a somewhat tedious project, it is paying off. 

Recently I was searching for a project for 5 skeins of Malabrigo Rasta (super bulky, 100% merino, 90 yards) that I want to knit into a garment. 
 My sister and I both had the same yarn in our stash. She just knit up hers in a flash. The pattern is called Sophisticated Twist, she modified hers to have sleeves. Now it's not that we are competitive, it's more "if she knit with her yarn and it knit up fast, I want to knit up mine".  The inner child lives on and she sometimes whines.
As much as I liked hers, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was doing a filtered Ravelry search and this is what I checked off for pattern availability. I want instant gratification, I don't want to have to chase down a pattern only available in print.
I found the Cropped Cardi from Knit.1, Fall/Winter 2008.  Lo and behold, it was in my library!  I own the magazine!  My summer of tedious cataloging paid off. 

In keeping with my resolutions, this will stay on the back burner until I finish one of the fab 4 I'm currently working on.  I may swatch though ~ just to be ready to cast on. ;)

No comments: