A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rhinebeck 2012: Day Two, Patterns

They had a great logo this year.  Right when we entered they had project bags with the logo on it.  Needless to say, we each bought one.
More foliage shots because it was THAT pretty.
 
The yarn for my "mindless" knitting project was totally in sync with the season.  
 The yarn (I'm pretty sure) is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino Hand paints, fingering weight in Sugar Maple.
I was completely out of the loop and did not know until this weekend that the people behind Sanguine Gryphon parted company and have now reorganized. I met Sarah and Sam and we are talking about a trunk show for Westport Yarns
 
Nancy and I checked them out early afternoon on Saturday and they were completely cleaned out.  Luckily they held back for the second day.  I loved their yarns.
Adjacent to the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth was Adrienne Ku.  She had a lovely little set up with patterns and yarn.  You've definitely have to keep an eye out for these hidden gems.   This sock is called Lynn.
 
I picked up the pattern and the yarn 
Although not a great picture, I liked the idea of a v-neck capelet, Ruffled Feathers Poncho.  Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm had great packaging for kits (yes, that means I bought a kit with the pattern.)
Under the banner of "this is another fine mess you've gotten me into, Ollie", Nancy wanted to check out the designs for Knit Swirl.  There was a vendor who had kits for the patterns in the book AND the author, Sandra McIver, was there consulting.

At first I just stood back and watched Nancy get her consultation. 
Sandra took a lot of time with her and narrowed it down to one style.
Of course it was only a matter of time before I wanted to play along.  Sarah had an assistant who was taking pictures of people as they tried on the garments.  They very kindly emailed them to me.
Hey Mikey, she likes it.  OF COURSE IT'S PURPLE!  It was just fate that this was the design I liked the most.
Yes, I know, totally schleppy picture.  I wasn't ready for my close up. I am going to work with Sarah to set up a possible trunk show and tie it into a class I'll teach at Westport Yarns.
This isn't my style to wear or make, however, it was gorgeous in it's own right. It's Black Sheep Designs, Susan Costello.

No comments: