A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Fab 4 plus 1 ~ Week in Review

Three out of the four projects got attention.
 1.  Chain Lace Big Fat Scarf.  Loving it!  Past the halfway point, four more colors to go.
2. Knit, Swirl Coat: Plum Perfect Blocking.
3. Greenwillow Cowl.  I completed one pattern repeat.  The yarn maybe a little dark to do the pattern stitch justice.  However, I AM NOT starting over. 

4. My hibernating project is also a design project. No progress here.

The plus one was for travel.  I was away for the weekend and wanted a mindless project.  I owe my niece a pair of socks.  She picked out the yarn two years ago.  What would Miss Manners say?  There ought to be a Miss Manners code for knitting for people.
 
The yarn is Great Adirondack Smoochie (fingering, 85% merino, 15% metallic, 225 yards).  The metallic is little abrasive, I got the beginnings of a blister.  :(

I brought back-up projects for my back-up projects.  Kind of ridiculous.  Now that I think of it, it's really plus two. 
I also brought Rasta (super bulky weight, 100% merino, 90 yards, Oxido colorway) for a one skein project.  I wanted to work on something that was on bigger needles.  This was awesome.  I finished it in one day. 
 Not surprisingly, my sister knit Line Break with the same color of Malabrigo Sock (fingering weight, 100% merino, 440 yards).

 I taught her Magic Loop and she is officially a convert.  She considers it the Miraculous, Magic Loop and wants to knit more projects this way.  I love a happy camper.
While I was slogging through my fingering weight socks, she knit half a sweater! Cherie Amour with Cascade Yarns Jewel Hand Dyed (bulky, 100% wool, 142 yards).  She thinks she is shy 1 skein of the Raspberry yarn so she is using the purple as the midsection. It's going to look like the sweater is belted, a good save.
Patiently awaiting release.


No comments: