A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Sunday, November 13, 2011

How I Spent My Day Off

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. That's something I rarely do any day of the week. Yesterday I desperately need to chill out. By that I mean stay in comfy clothes, find something mindless to knit that provides instant gratification, and maybe throw in a little tidying when I take knitting breaks. I don't want to overdue it.
I sorted through a pile of patterns and paired them with stash till something jumped out at me. That in and of itself was productive. My Sunday knitting project was Gap-tastic and the yarn is Great Adirondack 342 Superwash (bulky). A very satisfying choice.

During this process I thought I would sort through my needles and see where they were and actually write notes and keep them in the needle organizer so I know where they've gone. It's something I've always thought about as I grab needles on the fly and later don't know where they went. Kind of my own personal inter-library system for knitting needles.

This kind of backfired on me. I discovered I have a lot more projects on my needles than I thought. I also have an inordinate number of #5 & #6 needles. In talking to Fanone about this, she said "the number of projects seem to grow and show up in the funniest places, like mold." I love that!

Now that all needles are accounted for, I learned that I have

Here is the new accounting of things in (some form of) progress.

A k1p1 scarf in Prism Merino Mia, Harvest color. I took a class with Laura Bryant last year at Stitches in Intentional Patterning. This project is going to sit in the car for the times I forget my knitting.
Rambling Ruffle by Not Just Plain Jane Knits. I'm taking a class with Jane Elliott at Westport Yarns. The yarn I'm using is Miss Babs "Toes", small skeins of fingering weight yarn. Ingenuous!
Another, Not Just Plain Jane Knits, Braided Cowl in Berroco Vintage Chunky.
I'm knitting another Churchmouse English Lace Mesh Scarf, this time in Kidsilk Haze. I started this during a class I am teaching at Westport Yarns and lent my hook to a student. So here it sits.
A toe up sock design using Creatively Dyed Yarns.A top down hat design in progress in The Fibre Company Canopy worsted.
Plus my Top Down Lima Fisherman's Rib sweater. It's going to have a shawl collar when all is said and knit.

And 2 projects that have been (officially) hibernating. To be differentiated from projects lying around that I conveniently forgot about.
Vine Yoke Cardigan knit in Sedona yarn.
Shore, striped cardigan knit in Mission Falls Cotton.
Time to get busy





No comments: