A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, October 5, 2009

What's on my hooks & needles

I settled into several projects this weekend, I couldn't decide on just one. It's like the commercial for potato chips, you can't stop at just one.
This is the Mini-Mochi yarn I mentioned last week. The pattern is by Jane Araujo and is called "Dianna". It's a free Ravelry download. Ever since I saw this pattern I've had a vision of knitting it in an autumn variegated yarn. When the Mini-Mochi came in there was an AHA! moment. I'm loving how it's working up.
I'm working on the lesson plan for my "Learn it Here" class on designing your own neckwarmer. The yarn for this neckwarmer is Spud & Chloe's Outer. I like how the thick cables look.
I bought the yarn for this stole last year. It's Filatura Superior yarn (and it is Superior!), it's a blend of cashmere and silk and it's lovely. The pattern is "Superior Stole" by Doris Chan.
I began knitting up my newest pattern, Starry Lace Scarf, in Zohar's Socks by Ellyn Cooper. The picture does not do the yarn justice. It's a pleasure to knit with and the pattern is easy to remember.
Happily, I finished something this week. The Inside-Outside scarf by Elise Duvekot in Silk Garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love all the colors! Very inspiring.