A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vogue Trunk Show, Oh What a Night!

Words can hardly express how exciting it was to have my sweater on display at Knitting Central as part of the Vogue Knitting Trunk Show and Lecture with Trisha Malcolm, Vice President and Editorial Director of Vogue Knitting magazine.

Trish gave a very interesting lecture and slide show about each item in the magazine and then discussed color/fashion trends. Carla Scott, of Knit Simple, gave a slide show about the Holiday Knit Simple Issue. Interestingly, she said that more than half they readers are intermediate knitters who like the magazine because the patterns fit into their busy lifestyles. I can certainly attest to that.


Being able to view all the different pieces from the Holiday Vogue Knitting 2009 was a real special treat. We were able to try on any of the pieces we wanted. As a result there are several things I'm going to add to my queue.

In the magazine, the cables in this "cap sleeved rib warmer" by Shiri Mor look more horizontal. When I tried it on the cables slant diagonally and it is very flattering. I'm considering making it in Tilli Tomas Pure Silk.

This "Braided Cowl" by Faith Hale is really unique. I love the was the cable lies. It was knit with 2 skeins of Buffalo Gold "Lux".
One of the women in my Monday night class, Terri, and I tried on this "Bulky Cowl". Not having seen the picture yet, we put it on with the points over the shoulders. In the magazine, the points are centered over the body (you can't really see the points in the picture, they are there). It sits just over your shoulders, so it doesn't feel like a straight jacket.
These "Lace Socks" by Debbie O'Neil are really pretty. I love the detail down the back of the sock, continuing into the heel.
Seeing my sweater again was like having a child visit after being away. My sweater was displayed beautifully on a mannequin. Everyone in the store were so supportive that I felt like the Birthday Girl at a party.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Pam - it was a great show. I loved your design as part of the trunk show. I think it's the best of the magazine! Congrats.

Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

WOW! How wonderful, I can see that sweater in beaded Chocolate Icing! LOL Haopy Knitting!