A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, December 4, 2017

While the cat's away


Thanks to Trammi for taking notes for me. The blog is in her "voice". Where I've added my 2 cents, I've changed the text italics. 😉


I finally finished something! Hooray! Beth was kind enough to “weave in the ends.” Nothing beats someone helping you feel more accomplished than you really are! ;-) Pattern: French Cowl  Anny Blatt Absolu (DK: 100% Angora, 137 yards).

I am starting On the C Train (hat pattern) using the Malabrigo Worsted Merino Yarn (Aran: 100% Merino, 218 yards) in red mahogany.


Trammi texted me later with finished photos of the hat. 


She wrote that she can wear it eight ways! She can wear with any three of the poms slouchy or cuffed. She can also turn it inside out and wear it slouchy or cuffed. Talk about versatile!


Eileen definitely enjoyed the croissants from Isabelle et Vincent—she told us she will go ANYWHERE for good food and anything cheap. She got the plastic “lace” tablecloth (which was perfect for Danni’s celebration) at such a store (one we have never heard of and I can’t remember the name). She's wearing (my) ASAP Infinity Wrap knit with Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Brush and Plymouth Yarn Gina Chunky held together. 

 

She was working on the StevenBe Gaga Shroud in Miss Babs Yowza (Worsted: 100% Merino, 560 yards).


Calann had to unravel her hat because it was too big. She kept saying to herself that it was "too big," but kept knitting. Whenever you find yourself questioning your knitting, stop and assess. That nagging voice has a habit of being right. At least she’s smiling rather than crying as she unraveled. Just a fact of life and knitting that sometimes you have to start over again.Yarn: Azteca Milrayes (Aran: 53% Wool, 47% Acrylic, 197 yards).


My group celebrated Danni's new partnership with Beth at Westport Yarns. Danni has her hands full with us, but I am sure she can handle it all.


Harry does not like the surf!

No comments: