A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Road Trip ~ Day 2


Harry was ready for the day's travel.


 Is it a bracelet? Is it a ruler? It is both, it's a wrist ruler. It's what all the best dressed knitting nerds are wearing.  Can't find a tape measure? Look to your wrist.


 After knitting 11" on my Making Waves Poncho  in Anzula For Better or Worsted (Worsted: 100% Merino, 200 yards), I decided to work on something else.


To keep it interesting, I timed myself knitting my Flap Happy Two during yesterday’s travels. I know what you're thinking, no one knows how to have a good time like I do.


360 miles and 4 hours later the hat was done. No, we did not drive 90 miles an hour, I used a stop watch. Yarn: Katia Azteca Milrayes (Aran: 53% Wool, 47% Acrylic, 197 yards). All day I was trying to think of what this color (#704) reminded me of, 


when it finally hit me - snow cones!

 

 Later on Harry took up his position in the back, looking out the window.


We drove through 3 states: Virginia, North Carolina, finally stopping in South Carolina. At the end of the day, we were treated to seeing someone wearing fuzzy monster slippers at a Wendy's. I couldn't help but think that they match the hat I knit.😜

No comments: