A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, October 27, 2017

Making Waves


I was overwhelmed with the response to my Making Waves Poncho promotion. When I published the pattern to Ravelry last week, I offered it as a free pattern for the (Rhinebeck) weekend.

Imagine my delight to find that the pattern climbed it's way to the #2 spot on "What's Hot Now" on Ravelry.  Making Waves continued to rank on the first page of "What's Hot Now" for the weekend.

By the end of the promotion, the pattern had been downloaded a record (for me) 4,700 times! I also received 40 messages from people thanking me for the free pattern.  How lovely is that. 


As a side note, another pattern of mine, the Shakespeare Cardigan enjoyed new attention on "What's Hot Now".

These were incredibly proud moments for me and I'm very grateful for all the support!

I'd like to invite you to join my Ravelry Group, Pam Grushkin Knits, and participate in a knit-a-long for the poncho.  Post pictures of the yarn you choose, your progress, and finished poncho. 


Don't worry, I'll be available for questions. It'll be fun!

Westport Yarns is featuring Making Waves in this week's email; click here to view.  The pattern is free with purchase of the yarn and they will ship!


Pattern notes: Finished size: 20” x 52”. Model is 5’8”. Uses 5 balls of Berroco Bento (Aran: 80% Merino Wool, 20% Silk) or similar yardage of an Aran weight yarn.

Making Waves is perfect a transition piece. The lace pattern mimics waves in the ocean. Choose your favorite color and make some waves of your own.

Pattern is easy to modify. To add depth from neck to bottom, add more stitches to stockinette section based on stitches to the inch. I.E. If you want it 2” deeper, add 6 stitches. To add length, knit poncho to desired size, remember that the length when worn is half the number of inches you knit it to. I.E. If you knit to 60”, it will be 30” long. Remember to buy additional yarn if you modify the pattern!

 


No comments: