A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, October 10, 2016

Round Robin

Rainy days and Sundays are perfect days to knit. My diligent efforts to keep my (active) project total to 4 projects weakens in the fall.

At present I have 8 projects on needles. Half of them are hibernating. One of them stays at Westport Yarns.

I couldn't decide between the remaining three, so I knit them in my version of Round Robin.

round rob·in
noun
noun: round robin; plural noun: round robins; modifier noun: round-robin
1.

a tournament in which each competitor plays in turn against every other.





First I knit on Waffles with Wonderland Yarns March Hare (Worsted: 100% Merino, 184 yards). This is a baby gift for a baby due the beginning of December. For those of you who took part in the vote, you might like to know that 11 people voted for the Waffles blanket and 3 people voted for the Collina Blanket. Pretty much a landslide vote.  Thanks for playing; it makes me very happy. ;)


After a reasonable break time to rest, I knit on Spenser, knit with Cirrus (Bulky: 42% Mohair, 40% Nylon, 18% Merino, 114 yards). This is a gift for my oldest for the holidays.

During the afternoon I sorted through the piles of patterns I accumulate. They went into the following piles: "I think I have yarn for this", "file for future consideration", "I want to knit now(ish)", and "potential class projects".


In the evening I knit on Linientreu for an upcoming class at Westport Yarns. This (for me) is pure fun, outside the box knitting.  I'm enjoying how the color plays out.


That being said, I must admit when I hit a lonnnggg stretch of yellow, I cut my yarn and rejoined to the purply pinks. Yarns: Cascade Heritage Sock (Fingering: 75% Wool, 25% Nylon, 437 yards) and Mille Colori Baby (Fingering: 100% Wool, 208 yards).

© Brooklyn Tweed/Jared Flood

Fair is fair, they all moved forward.  Although it is frustrating, I am holding off casting on for yet another project. Holiday/gift projects live at the top of the queue.  When my time becomes my own, I want to cast on for Crosby with Harrisville Designs WATERshed (Worsted: 100% Wool, 110 yards).

What's on your hooks and needles? 






No comments: