A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pre-Rhinebeck Review


Time for my annual pre-Rhinebeck review when I look over last years purchases to see if I have knit with anything I bought.  I've typed a bold NOPE OR YES! TO indicate the status.


Rich, natural, "rustic" pure wool yarn Mountain Vewe Coopworths (Aran: 100% Coopworth Wool, 150 yards) for my boot toppers pattern (soon to be published). NOPE

© Casapinka
Loop with Hot Shot (Fingering: 80% Merino, 20% Nylon, 400 yards) in grey and 2 mini skeins of yummy toes in Perfectly Wreckless. NOPE


Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply (Fingering, 100% Merino, 400 yards), ready to cast on for Scatterby Socks. The pattern uses the "fish lips heel" and I'm looking forward to trying out a different heel.


Miss Babs Keira yarn (Fingering: 100% Merino, 560 yards) 


YES! Hitchhiker.


Duck Duck Wool 80/20 Merino Silk Fingering, 600 yards. This will be a lacey wrap when it grows up.  The red was too rich to resist. NOPE


This magnificent Periwinkle Sheep Silky Single yarn (Fingering: 70% Merino, 30% Silk, 435 yards) will be Lilli Pilli. NOPE


Periwinkle Sheep Merino Aran, Wallflower, (Aran: 100% Superwash Merino, 180 yards).  


YES! That's the Plan, a pattern I released last month.


Into the Whirled Pakokku Sock (Fingering: 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon, 460 yards). My plan is to knit Windward. NOPE

http://kimberbaldwindesigns.com/PaintboxFootNotes/Y-FN-PAINT-TurqViolet.html

Lastly, I picked up another Fiberoptics Paintbox Gradient Kit in Turquoise-Vivid Violet, to knit my Karma Chameleon pattern.

Now I know I was busy knitting all year.  All I can do is shake my head at myself. I'm sure I'll continue to repeat this circle of yarn acquisition.  I am a self proclaimed collector of lovely yarn. It gives me great joy.









1 comment:

Debra said...

Love your post! I, too, have Rhinebeck purchases as yet unused, but I am preparing to leave shortly to procure even more. Hope to see you at Rhinebeck!