A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, March 21, 2016

Knitting Right Along

Vacation knitting - I spend more time planning what to bring to knit and back up knitting than I do with my clothes. I brought yarn for five projects:

Otto: My oldest daughter requests hand knits for baby gifts and I'm flattered.  She requested my girly version of Otto complete with ballet skirt.


She looks a little like a punk rocker with all the double pointed needles on her skirt. 


I made this a priority and finished it in time to mail off to her before I got home. Otto is knit with worsted weight yarn.  I haven't written up my modifications yet.  If you want them sooner, please message me on Ravelry.

photo credit: © Lorraine Pistorio
Baby Elephant: I wanted to get a jump start on the Baby Elephant as it is an upcoming class at Westport Yarns. I finished part of the body and one of the legs.  This little guy is so freaking cute! I'm knitting it with Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash (Worsted: 100% Merino, 218 yards).

Cool Hemp Ponchette: My goal was to finish this while on vacation so I could wear it. It's an easy pattern to memorize and read your stitches.



I bound off the last stitch at 10:30 pm and stayed up to (wet) block it. I used shampoo since I didn't have any Eucalan.


We were heading out on a road trip and I wanted to finish it.  In the morning I put it outside to finish drying.


Not only did I get a chance to wear it and I love it, I received the ultimate compliments. My sister wants to make one


and my mother wants one, specifically the one I made.  She can be very persuasive.  I promised to knit her one straightaway.

The yarn I'm using is Stacy Charles Nina (Worsted: 77% Linen, 23% Cotton, 136 yards). I knit the larger size (every last inch of 5 balls) and folded it in half to make an asymmetrical poncho. The pattern is folded in such a way to have a point on one side and it straight for the other side.  Like the Ponchini.


Odele is still in progress. I'm almost finished with the back. The yarn is Berroco Mykonos (DK: 66% Linen, 26% Nylon, 8% Cotton, 142 yards).

photo credit: © Berroco, Inc.
I'm looking forward to finishing this and wearing it.

photo credit: © lisa312
Lastly, Capture which I intend to knit with yarn from my stash, 


Prism Windward (Aran: 63% Rayon, 37% Cotton, 200 yards) as a spring infinity scarf.  I did not get to this one and that's fine. Better to over estimate my knitting potential than be caught up short.

No comments: