A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Update

I had a rare three days in row off and I indulged myself by knitting and listening to books most of the weekend.



There was the added bonus of two beautiful days to enjoy as well.


I knit my Sunrise, Sunset sweater in Rowan Brushed Fleece (Bulky: 65% Merino, 30% Alpaca, 5% Nylon, 115 yards) for Westport Yarns as a new sample.  I aptly named this sweater "Fog".  This yarn is soft and squishy and lightweight, a real pleasure. The perfect weekend "throw on" sweater.


While having coffee with a friend, I swatched for L'Enveloppe. I knit this as a store sample and decided I wanted one for myself.

 
The yarn is Tosh Chunky (Aran: 100% Merino, 165 yards). I started it while binge watching Once Upon a Time. I'm trying to get caught up for the new season.


I blocked the pieces I've completed so far for my Basia a la CustomFit sweater.  Knitting with Silky Wool (DK: 45% Wool, 35% Silk, 20% Nylon, 192 yards) on #2/3 needles has gotten tedious. I figured this would inspire me to press on and finish the other front.


 My oldest commissioned me to knit baby gifts for a friend of hers who is expecting twin boys who will most likely be preemies. I'm honored that she values my knitting enough to give my handknits as a gift. Also, baby (especially preemie) knits take an evening to knit.


I modified my Welcome Baby Gift Set to worsted weight yarn. I'll post a link to the pattern once I've written it up. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash (Worsted: 100% Merino, 220 yards).  For the other hat, I've knit the blue with green stripes.


Table dog is still doing his thing wherever he goes. 



No comments: