A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Witches, Three


I couldn't resist. It all started when I had a new knitting student and she wanted to knit a monster.  As I flipped through the book, I came upon the pattern for these Bitty Witches. They were just too cute.  I thought it'd be great to send to Thing #2 at college.  Then I thought, well, if I knit one for her, the other two will see it and be like "what about me".

Of course I made changes. Instead of using fingering weight yarn, I used sport/dk, Cascade 220 Sport (Sport: 100% Superwash Merino, 136 yards).  The colors were #802 and #815). I did not want to deal with #00 double pointed needles.  As it was, I used #3.  Remarkably, they did not take long.  I could make one in an evening. 


The witches are off to their new homes.  Happy Halloween.


Harry has decided he is a total lap dog.  His body is on my lap and his chin is on the arm of the sofa next to me.  Nothing awkward about that.
 

Somebody's sitting in my chair!  Is it a sheep in dog's clothing? Very strange dog.

No comments: