A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just for fun

It may be hot and humid outside, but in my mind, it's fall.  We've been planning the fall yarns and classes at Westport Yarns. There are more than a few knitting obligations on my plate, both personal and professional.


I'm in the midst of knitting the Paintbox Log Cabin Afghan for a workshop at the store.  I love this one because it's portable, easy, and fun.  Anything I get to knit with Noro is fun.


Thing #2 goes to college in the fall and I have to get cranking on her afghan.  Thankfully, we agreed on a bulky yarn. Cascade 128 Superwash (Bulky: 100% Superwash Merino, 128 yards).  Her school's colors are literally red, white, and blue - the red is more of a dark cranberry though.  She's being easy on me, she'd like the blanket blue with the school's letter in red in the center, outlined in white.  I've settled on a design in my mind. Now I have to put it to paper and swatch (not necessarily in that order).

I'm finally starting Thing #1's black (can you say OTT light?) lace sweater.  Enough said. No pictures, yet.

So, of course I need to start something else.  Just for fun.  For the love of knitting something cool with gorgeous yarn. 

While surfing on Ravelry for something, 


 Michelle and I came upon the Aggregate shawl/scarf. Wicked Cool.


We've had a basket of Baah Sonoma Yarn (DK: 100% Superwash Merino, 234 yards) on a table in the store for a couple of weeks.  The colors call to me.  If I could, I would knit something that used every single color.   When I saw Aggregate, I saw an opportunity to knit with two of the colors of Baah. 


I stayed completely in my favorites this time.  The colors are spot on. Let the skeins begin.


I ask you, does this look comfortable?

No comments: