A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, April 15, 2013

Knitting to go.


I spent the weekend at my sister's house.  She's my knitterly comrade-in-arms.  She (like me) brings her knitting every where she goes too.  We went out to dinner at a Korean Restaurant called, Shira Kiku in Nashua.  It was delicious!  While waiting, she wound a skein of yarn.


My brother-in-law is a wine connoisseur and takes very good care of me.  I got my own personal wine tasting.  I'm no slacker, I rose to the occasion.

 

I cast on for the Not Just Plain Jane Mystery Knit-a-long. (Not while testing the wine!) I'm knitting with Be Sweet Cotton Candy (Worsted: 100% Cotton, 130 yards).


They have a cat.  He was respectfully interested in my knitting bag.


We had a cat growing up and it was a trip down memory lane


to spend time around a cat. 


I started swatching for the Noro Cropped Jacket from Noro Knitting Magazine, Fall 2012.  The yarn is Noro Silk Garden Sock (Sport: 40% Wool, 25% Nylon, 25% Silk, 10% Mohair, 328 yards).



The pattern calls for a #4 needle.  I automatically started with a #3, then #2, then #1.  In the final analysis the #2 was the closest to the gauge.  I'm looking forward to knitting this, it's "outside the box".  This will be a sample and a class at Westport Yarns.


In fairness, I must add puppy pictures. 








No comments: