A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oh, the weather outside was frightful!

Snow Days. I don't care how old you are, (I think) they still instill a sense of joy. The daily "grind" is suspended.

 The dogs spent more time outside than in.


When they were inside, they were pooped pups.  I sat in my sanctuary and decided to work on a couple of projects that just needed finishing touches.  Whenever a project gets to that point, I have to force myself to finish.  Sewing buttons and embellishing can cause a project to languish for days/weeks.

I put the sprinkles on the Cup Cake Roll Neck Sweater.
Cascade 220 Superwash (Worsted: 100% Wool, 220 yards).


I LOVE IT!  I can only imagine what a 4 y.o. girl will think!


In case you were wondering, soaking the sweater evened out my moody knitting.


One button, that's all this neckwarmer needed.  Pretty pathetic.  I used the elongated moss stitch from the Rasta Neckwarmer.  Malabrigo Rasta Yarn (Super Bulky: 100% Merino, 90 yards).


This is the Pretty Twisted Cuff, more linen stitch.  I used two of the leftover balls from my Big Fat Chain Lace Scarf.  I didn't even use them up.  The glass buttons I repurposed from a sweater that I fell out of like with. Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino (Fingering: 100% Merin, 175 yards).

No comments: