I can't remember how many years ago I made my dad this vest. He loves it and wears it which delights me. Apparently the shoulders had stretched with time and now had wings along the top. This, we decided, was not the look he was going for. Incidentally, he is wearing a beanie knit with Artyarns Cashmere 2 (Sport: 100% Cashmere, 255 yards).
The best way to fix it was to take out the ribbing, pick up fewer stitches, and reknit the armbands. Two things were immediately clear: 1. It is really hard to find ends woven in years ago with dark yarn and 2. my seaming technique has come a long way.
The good news is that it was totally doable and I was happy to fix it so he could continue to wear it. Moral of the story, knitters, post-project modifications are not necessarily out of the question. Keep an open mind.
My mother, taking advantage of the opportunity to have mending done, brought out a shell I knit her. Some ends had worked their way free. She also alluded to wanting another shell knit.
While we were in Florida, we caught a Mets Spring Training game in Port St. Lucie. It was perfect (the day, not the game - they lost). The stadium was clean and really nice. It reminded me of minor league games. Baseball games are perfect knitting opportunities. I knit 7" of my Zola Vest for the shop. The yarn is Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets Normandy Linen (Sport weigh: 100% Linen, 200 yards).
I also worked on my next round of secret squirrelly projects.
And while we were away, the dogs did play.
They hollowed out one of their stuffed toys.
Yes, you two.