A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A hint of fall is in the air

 I can't believe that it's already the end of August. The last couple of nights have been comfortable enough to sleep without air conditioning. This morning I saw a couple of autumn leaves on the deck.

Time to shift gears.  It's time to finish or hibernate any summery projects and get into the juicy knitting of fall yarns. 

Here's what's on my needles:
String of Pearls by Lucy Neatby for an upcoming class on Double Knitting at Westport Yarns.  The yarn is Kauni.
I'm testing a sock pattern and knitting it with Blue Ridge Footprints yarn.  This is a cool concept.  There are 2 skeins; 100 yards in a solid color for the toe/heel and 300 yards for the foot/leg.

I'm "jonesing" for a sweater to knit. The contenders are:

Plymouth De Aire Sweater Coat in teal De Aire or
 Terra Linda Cardigan in yummy yarn from Rhinebeck.
 Oh!  I finished my first weaving project.  Yup, I'm in.  It was fun.
Harry thinks he's a lap dog.  Not very convenient for knitting.





No comments: