A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Abstract Fibers Trunk Show

On Saturday I got to do one of my favorite jobs at Westport Yarns, setting up a trunk show.   Andrea, our rep for Abstract Fibers arrived around 10 laden with bags of yarn!  After setting up I played with the different yarns, checking out the different fibers, weights, and colorways.
I even used my phone's facetime to call my sister and see if she wanted anything.  The sound wasn't working so I just panned the phone over the table of yarn.  When I looked back at the screen, her eyes were wide with wonder.  Since we had no sound, we had to communicate through thumbs up ~ thumbs down.  The skein on the left is for her, the yarn is called Matisse: light fingering, 100% wool, 420 yards.  The color way has shades of deep raspberry, teal and cobalt.  The next 4 are for me!

 Continuing from left to right, a skein of Matisse for me, Mighty sock:   light fingering, merino wool/tencel blend, 380 yards, Super sock:  fingering, 100% merino, 382 yards, and Soprano, dk weight, silk/wool, 284 yards.

I'm going to use the Matisse and Mighty sock yarns together in Stephen West's Akimbo pattern. 

I think the staff had as much fun as the customers.  There were great samples to try on and new patterns to admire and covet.  It gave me ideas for the next Westport Yarns knit-a-long...

F

No comments: