A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, December 12, 2011

Fast Food Knitting

Drops (free) Pattern 86-10 Headband in Alaska. It calls for one skein of Alaska which is an aran weight yarn with 82 yards.
I learned of this pattern from one of the customers at Westport Yarns. She knit it with a dk weight yarn, knowing it would turn out smaller. I knit mine with Rowan Lima and yarn yarn leftover. Lima is more of a worsted weight and I don't think I would make this in a thicker yarn.
The pattern calls for binding off and sewing the two ends together. Given that I can never leave well enough alone, I did a button-loop bind off and sewed a button on. I thought it would be really neat. It pulled funny instead. Later on I took the button off and sewed it together. This pattern is one I would definitely do again. Quick, easy and makes a very nice gift.

I designed a hat to kind of match the headband. They are for a husband/wife. I'm really happy with how they came out.

No comments: