A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, November 4, 2011

You've Got Mail!

I've always loved getting mail (the good kind of course, not bills/junk mail). The BEST kind is getting yarn in the mail!

While at Rhinebeck we visited a vendor new to Rhinebeck, Dancing Leaf Farm. We each bought a couple of skeins of their yarn.
There was one yarn called Hustle that I loved and decided to think about over night. As the name suggests, I should've hustled. When we went back the next day, there were not enough skeins for a sweater.

I had decided that this yarn would be perfect to knit another Corinne sweater. The yarn also became an early birthday present from my parents (thanks Mom & Dad)! It would look completely different in this variegated yarn. What's more, it was a completely different colorway than I usually go for.

They were able to take an order for it and I picked out a skein that really showed the depth of color I wanted them to mimic. As I know very well, when hand dyeing yarn, there can be serious variations. It was a risk and it paid off.
Dalis, the owner/operator, skeined it up into 2 large skeins instead of 6 smaller ones. That's awesome! Far fewer strands to weave in when it is all said and done. I am thoroughly delighted with the outcome and look forward to knitting with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this instant feed, you caught me reading your blog in Fl. Delighted with the good use you put to our early bd gift.
It looks wonderful.
Love mom

Ann said...

Looks great!
Can't wait to see the sweater.