A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, November 7, 2011

2nd New England Fiber Festival Part 1

The New England Fiber Festival held at the Big E in Springfield, MA is totally worth attending. It's a much smaller venue than the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival but don't let that dissuade you. There were lots of really interesting vendors of hand dyed yarns and fibers as well as other related crafts. It's held inside animals and all.

Lois and I left wicked early (7:30 am) so that we could be there when it opened at 9. We were greeted immediately by all these cute sheep, goats, llamas, and angora rabbits.
I love how this black sheep has a piece of straw across his snout.
The llamas were so cute with their big eyes!
Would you look at the markings on this guy?! Awesome!
The Angora bunnies were incredibly soft and cute. They were selling them. Thankfully I wasn't even tempted!
I took some pictures of knits that appealed to me.
This was the Daybreak Shawlette by Stephen West.
In the Pink by Izzy Knits was already in my Ravelry queue.
I liked it even more up close and personal.
This is another shawl already in my queue, Feather Duster by Susan Lawrence.

I didn't manage to take pictures of the yummy yarns I picked up,
so that will have to wait for tomorrow. I left the festival with my mind full of inspirations!



No comments: