A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, November 21, 2011

Color Play

When I was at Rhinebeck last month, I saw Wrap Me Up by Chris de Longpré in The Creatively Dyed booth. The sample was knit with fingering weight yarn instead of worsted weight.

Dianne, the owner/creator of Creatively Dyed Yarns, helped me pick out two variegated yarns.
Lois was helping me pick a solid to be a backdrop for the variegated yarns. The purple in the middle is mine.
At first we weren't sold on the purple. After we threw in a whole rainbow full of options, we came full circle back to the purple. Fine by me!
The other project I wanted to play around with was (Crocheted) Chain Lace Big Fat Scarf by Kathy Merrick. I've been collecting Koigu for a while with an eye towards this project.
We pooled our Koigu and Claudia's Handpaints to see what we could come up with. The pattern calls for 9 colors. Admittedly, 7 or 8 would probably work fine too. The scarf is 12" x 72".
Unfortunately for me, I'm more excited about what we put together for Lois than for me. Although it might be one of those things that looks better as a whole than the pieces or in this case skeins.

Neither of these projects are particularly high up on the queue. However, it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: