A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Update

I think this was the first solidly nice weekend we've had in a long, long time. It was a pleasure to sit outside and knit.
I'm nearly done with the 3rd part of the Summer Mystery Shawlette by Wendy D. Johnson. Since the stitches decrease as you progress, you finish each row faster. Looking at my shawlette, I think I actually could've gone up a needle size, unheard of for me.. I got the same gauge that was in the pattern too. It's going to need some serious blocking. Part 4 comes out on Thursday!
I finished my Barb's Koigu Ruffle scarf by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. This really was a perfect mindless knit and I love the colorway of Koigu I used, p849. I was left with approximately 25% of the second skein left. I could have knit the center section until I used up one skein entirely. I don't know why I didn't because now I have that silly 25% left.
My daughter's sparkly socks are nearing completion. I'm on the gusset and she only wants them to be ankle socks. This is actually the pair of socks she picked out - two different colors. Why not? My kids never match their socks when they are a matched set. We'll start a new style craze - it will eliminate second sock syndrome for good.
I'm testing my new summer shrug pattern and knitting a sample for Westport Yarns. This is the same pattern I used to knit the shrug in Artyarns Silk Pearl that I wore to graduation.
It's hard to really see the detail, the color is a dark purple/black blend and I'm wearing it over a dark shirt.
My goal is to write the pattern to be gauge friendly to most yarn weights.

Time to fit in a few more rows before bedtime. :)

No comments: