A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Mystery Continues

Part Three of the Summer Mystery Shawlette by Wendy Knits was released yesterday and I was ready! For the first two parts we only had to knit 12 rows and I managed to have my "homework" complete before she released the next part. This part has 72 rows before Part Four is released next Thursday. I did the math, if I do 12 rows a day I'll be caught up for the next part. The shawl is knit from the widest part up, it helps to have the stitch count get smaller along the way.

I'm enjoying this knit-a-long. Having the mini deadlines along the way is a great form of time management. The problem is if I self impose deadlines on myself for my own projects, I know I won't keep them the same way I'm keeping to Wendy's deadlines.

No comments: