A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Progress

Robin was up to the ruffle today. Last time she knit this sweater she worked the ruffle row on the right side to work knit front & back increases versus on the wrong side row where she would have had to work purl front & back increases.

She decided to try it the way the pattern was written. She could do it, the challenge was that she knits so tightly that it was hard to make the increase in the stitch and doing it purl-wise is just awkward. By the time we were done she was halfway through the row. Next time she does the sweater I'm pretty sure she'll go back to working the increases on the right side row. Call it an informed choice.
Elizabeth was working on a swatch in Noro Silk Garden Chunky yarn to knit the
Mitered Crosses Blanket--for Japan by Kay Gardiner. She progressed really far into her Aestlight Shawl by Gudrun Johnston.
Michelle is knitting up another Twist & Shout, my most recent pattern. We had a lengthy discussion about whether it should be wider or on a larger needle size. Robin decided that if she knits it, she's going to make it a little wider. We all agreed that Michelle should leave hers as is.Michelle and I are at approximately the same point in our miley tee by Cheri Christian. We interpreted part of the directions differently. At one point the designer writes, "knit to 2" above desired length. then she writes the inches for each size say 12". Michelle (and Robin) took it as knit to 10". I (and Elizabeth) read it as work to 12".
Based on that I have about 1.5-2" before the ribbing and then onto the sleeves. I'm thinking I'll make the sleeves as long as I have yarn for and then be done. It might make it 3/4 sleeve versus cap sleeve. I figure since it's a silk/wool blend, I might get more use out of a 3/4 sleeve sweater.

No comments: