A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Yarn Dream Come True

Westport Yarns is hosting a Prism Yarns Trunk Show this week .When it arrived (all 6 boxes), I had the pleasure of unpacking all the yarn. What a labor of love! I've been a fan of Prism yarns for years. All I could think was, "I love what I do".

I was taking notes of yarns/colors I might want to make my own :)


I fell in love with the colorway Peacock.

The perfect combination of my favorite colors: purple and teal.





After setting up the store, I couldn't resist. I bought a half skein of Wild Stuff in Peacock.
I had a skein of Periwinkle Stuff in my stash.
One of the samples Laura Bryant sent was for was the Stuff Ruffled scarf. She had it worked up in two colors, Mink and Woodlands. I thought I would knit my ruffled scarf as a combination of Periwinkle/Peacock. I worked the long-tail cast on using both yarns. The reason I did that was twofold. 1. I wouldn't have to estimate the length of the yarn for the cast on. 2. It would make the cast on represent both colors in the scarf. I'm very happy with the result.
First half done. Sparkly, Very Sparkly.
I also revisited Intentional Patterning with hand painted yarns from the class I took with Laura at Stitches East. I had started this scarf with Merino Mia (colorway is Harvest). It is great fun.

No comments: