A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taking Stock

In keeping with the Westport Yarns New Year's Resolutions Challenge, I decided to take stock of what projects I have on my hooks and needles. One of my goals is to have at least one project going at a time that is from my stash.

Here goes (and not in any meaningful order):
Vine Yoke Cardigan by Ysolde Teague. This is stash yarn from when Knitting Central was closing up shop. The yarn is called Tahki Sedona Handpaint yarn, 90% merino, 10% silk, and tweedy bits. The pattern is really interesting, it's knit from right button bad to left band.
Lizard Ridge Blanket by Laura Aylor. This is from a class I'm teaching at Westport Yarns. If you love Noro yarns, it's a terrific project. There are 24 squares using 21 skeins of Kureyon. They are worked alternating using the inside strand of the skein and the outside strand - that combined with short rows creates these really cool squares. I have 16 squares done.
se(ven) circle by Kirsten Johnstone. Mostly its portrayed with smooth yarns. Leave it to me to decide to work it up with a funky Great Adirondack yarn. I don't feel like getting up to see which one it is. I'm using corresponding colors in some of the other circles to break it up. I'm not sure about this project. It's not calling out to me.
Not Just Plain Jane, Crazy Quilt Pillow turned purse. One of my favorite Jane projects and definitely a do-over. Next time I'd actually make it into a pillow.
Mission Falls Shore by Mags Kandis. Mary and I fell in love with this sweater at Webs 3 years ago. It took me over a year to decide to start it. Although I love the the look of the sweater, I wasn't really thinking. There are gazillion ends to weave in. Needless to say I'm less than motivated right now.
My broomstick lace pattern in Lorna's Laces Pearl yarn. No story, just keep forgetting it.
This is a store sample knit in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, it's a cute top down shell.
Crocheted Swirl shawl from an old Bernat pattern. The yarn is Cascade Venezia Worsted a silk wool blend. This is also for a class at Westport Yarns.

So that's 8 projects. I'm going to discipline myself to finish a couple of these before adding another project. I know it won't be easy for me.

No comments: