A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Missing from the Blogosphere

Looking back over the past week, I realized that I haven't been blogging much. I have been knitting/crocheting a lot as well as trying to start the year off right being slightly more organized. Improving my organization is going to be a 2 steps forward, 1 step back process; it's still forward momentum!

In preparation for several upcoming classes...
I love how my Tunisian Entrelac (Koigu) Scarf came out; it reminds me of stained glass. The pattern is by Dina Mor and is available as a Ravelry Download or at Westport Yarns.
My Curlicue Shawl is blocking out nicely. The Crystal Palace Mini Mochi was made for this pattern. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'll post another picture of it for a better view. This class will be March 2, 16, & 30 from 6:30-8:30 pm at Westport Yarns. It'll be on the website soon.
I've begun crocheting a swirl shawl that will be offered March 7, 21, and April 4th, 6:30-8:30pm. I can't believe March classes are coming up. The yarn I'm using is Cascade Venezia a beautiful silk/wool blend. Click here to view information about Westport Yarns Upcoming Yarn Tasting Event with Cascade Yarns.

As far as "personal" knitting...

I finished my Eyelet Cowl that I knit with Tanglewood Fiber Creations Cashmere & Silk. The colorway is Northwest Winter. I think it's kind of cool the way the color split into half purple and half teal.
This little hat was a labor of love. While the family were visiting I worked up this hat for my little friend here. She was totally intrigued by my crochet and when I told her it was going to be her hat, she was very excited. I would put it on her head every few rounds until it was done. First it was a disc, then a Yarmulke, and finally a beret.

With bulky yarn (Cascade 128) and big hook, I was able to finish it in the course of the evening. Her mom clipped her bow to the hat for an adorable adornment. It made me all kinds of happy that she liked it and kept it on!
Finally, I stared Ysolda Teague's Vine Yoke Cardigan, available on the Twist Collective Website.
I saw the sweater on someone at Rhinebeck and have been thinking about it ever since. I'm using Tahki Sedona yarn.

And that, my friends, is why there haven't been any posts lately. I think I'm back on track now.

No comments: