A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A whole different kind of sweater math

I have several deadlines for projects to be completed by the end of November. Three are samples for upcoming classes and one is a sweater that is a gift.

When I was a kid in school, I used to figure out how many pages of the class book I had to read each night to finish a book by the deadline. I decided to figure out how much time I had to spend on each project a day to finish on time.

So this is how it all worked out:

14 rows a day for the gift sweater.

3" a day of the Basic Entrelac Scarf.

1/2 a (very long) row of the Tunisian Entrelac Scarf.

I have a beret to knit too and that one I haven't figured out yet.

Knitting by the numbers. Gotta go knit my 14 rows.

1 comment:

Ann said...

It's good to have goals. You'll be able to pace yourself accurately now...Or totally stress yourself out.