A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall Inspirations

The weather has gotten a little cooler, leaves are beginning to fall, and the store is brimming with amazing yarns - one more exciting than the next.

I've been making a concerted effort to finish samples and other works in progress so that I can jump into new yarns/patterns without feeling reckless and overwhelmed. I'm just about there (done with the knitting - not reckless and overwhelmed). Customers have been bringing in great patterns, finished projects, and we just finished out Vogue Knitting Trunk Show. I am feeling ready to immerse myself in the joys of the new yarns.
I've decided to use Lorna's Laces Pearl yarn to for my upcoming Broomstick Crochet class. I'm not usually able to wear the beige and olive colors in this colorway - I'm hoping the fuchsia will balance it out.
We got in Great Adirondack Laceweight and it is drool-worthy (this picture does not show the brilliance of this yarn). There was an awesome purple that had my name on it until I saw this colorway. I've picked out this pattern Radiance Shawl by Helen Stewart Ravelry that I think will be great.
I'm working on a sample shawl for the store with 2 Great Adirondack yarns, fuzzlebumps and sequins. Coincidentally it's the same colorway I bought in the laceweight. (By the way, Patti Subik of Great Adirondack will be here for a trunk show the first weekend in December.)

Our dear friend Ann has once again made me feel inspired/guilty/motivated to work up something that I bought at the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool festival last year, before going up to Rhinebeck this year. I think she did this to me last year. Of course I picked the project that has 1200 yards of fingering weight yarn. It's the Courtney Corset Top by Robyn Chachula from her book, Blueprint Crochet.This skein of yarn just screams autumn. It's Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino. There are 300 yards and suggestions are welcome.
Finally I am designing a top down raglan boatneck sweater for one of my daughters. She was quite specific in her design requirements. I'm almost done with the yoke where I'm up to 350 stitches. Then it will be quick knitting once I can put the sleeves on hold. The yarn is Cascade Pima Ultra.

No comments: