A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I think I can, I think I can - well, maybe not.

Michelle has been knitting a cropped cardigan/shrug garment to wear over an outfit for an upcoming wedding she's attending. It's knit in 3 pieces, back, left, and right front.
This would seem easy enough wouldn't it. The three of us (Michelle, Linda, and I) could not figure out which end was up, down, or sideways.
We put it on, tried pinning it in different directions to no avail. The final analysis - it is shelved for another day and Michelle is going to plan B.
Here's her Rambling Rows afghan by Cottage Creations. She calls it her Tetris blanket and I think that's great! It's for her grandson.
Michelle muttered to herself as she crocheted the edging on her shell game vest (I think I can, I think I can) and she did. It is done. She had literally just enough yarn to finish the border and sew up the side seams. There was less than a yard leftover!
Linda is plugging along on her Lima Eyelet Cowl. She has plans to make another one in green.
She also started working on baby booties that are knit flat. The yarn is Magic Garden Buttons Yarn.

No comments: