A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crazy over the Crazy Quilt Pillow

I know I said this before, I really do forget how much fun knitting "Not Just Plain Jane" patterns are. I'm taking the Crazy Quilt Pillow class at Westport Yarns. The first class was Thursday. We lost track of time and before we knew it the class was over. (The pillow pictured above is Beth's pillow ~ and yes I know my colors are remarkably similar.) I finished the Main Triangle.
Her patterns/projects are like a addictive. Between picking your different yarns (for multicolor versions) and the intrigue of row x row patterns... I just want to knit the pillow. What? Project monogamy? Me? I have to talk myself into working on other knits that have to be done: I have designs in progress and classes coming up. All of which I love to do. It's just that seeing how the pillow manifests itself is so much fun.

Jennifer was in the other day and Beth helped her pick out and organize her yarns. She decided to make a sketch of the pillow to lay out her colors plan. It was an inspired idea. Here is her plan:
Ann taught me how to use google docs to sketch out the pillow. She used it for a cool schematic for a sweater she's designing.
I don't know if I can wait for the next class to start the next section.

1 comment:

Bagchick said...

Can you share your google docs form with me? Very impressive