A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cabled Cowl

There's a hot new knitting project at Knitting Central that I'm really excited about. It's the Easy, Giant Cabled Cowl by Dina Mor. "Infinity" Cowls are everywhere now and are easy to knit up.

Cynthia knit one up in Cape Cod Fibers, Lobster Pot Worsted Cashmere. Needless to say it's magnificient. While visiting the store, my daughter tried it on. I hadn't seen it one anyone before and immediately loved it. (I'm sure the model had something to do with it).
Of course she wanted one. I'm only too happy to oblige. I love when they ask for knitted things. I'm knitting hers in Torino Worsted. The pattern requires 400 yards. Torino falls a bit short, so I'm going to add a black skein to the mix.
I'm knitting myself one in the Lobster Pot yarn. We certainly gravitate toward different colorways! Neon was in style when she was a baby and I think I color shocked her into neutrals as a result.

No comments: