A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend Knitting

For a change, I worked on only 2 projects this weekend.
The fact that one of them has a deadline might have something to do with it. I'm knitting up a sample of my Starry Lace Scarf in Artyarns Pearl Rhapsody for Cynthia to take to Stitches. Pearl Rhapsody is a Knitting Central exclusive yarn and the pattern will be updated soon to reflect the change in the pattern (the original pattern is worked up in fingering weight yarn). Even though I'm not a fan of orange, I am loving how the color and the yarn work up in the pattern.
I'm ready to begin the 8th tier in this entrelac shawl (Dianna by MaweLucky/Jane Araujo).
I counted the tiers in the pattern and they go up to 13. When I get up to 10 tiers I'm going to stretch it out as if blocked to see how close I am. I've added 2 sts to the pattern repeat and that coupled with my loose knitting could translate into being done before the 13th tier. That makes me think of a book I recently finished called the 13th tale - my mind just flys off into these tangents. The yarn is Mini Mochi by Crystal Palace. One skein did nearly the whole 7 tiers. It's cool how for the most part each square is one color.

While food shopping yesterday (I succumbed to the pleas for food in the fridge), I came across this pile of gourds. I couldn't settle on which one I liked best, so I took a picture of them all. I want to needle felt a couple gourds to go with my needle felted pumpkins.

No comments: