A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Flap Happy Day

Robin has happily (and I'm sure with a sigh of relief) finished her grandson's birthday present. She knit him a lovey in Encore Worsted, Ann Norling mittens, and a Flap Happy Hat to match knit in Tahki Torino.
Michelle makes Flap Happy Hats yearly and this year she added matching mittens (Ann Norling).
I made Emma matching Flap Happy Hat and mittens to match.
Ever since she modeled a hat that Linda made, where she looked like Cindy Lou Who, I've been planning to make her a Flap Happy Hat of her own. Both were knit in Plymouth Jelli Beanz yarn.
Lois finished felting her Sea Glass Felted bag by Lynn Wilson. It's one of my favorite bags to make. I've made several. It's a great way to either use up some stashed yarn or create interesting color stories.

I made one in a berries color theme, but that picture is hiding in my photo album and I don't have the patience to search for it. It's really pretty in all purples and fuchsia's. Trust me.

Lois' Soft and Drapey shrug is progressing nicely in the Lima/Ritratto combination. It should be called Soft and Squishy (but in a good way).
Michelle swatched and started the "Rolfe" child's sweater from the Rowan Classic Family pattern book. She's knitting it in the yarn it calls for, Cotton Jeans (I know, what a concept!).
Robin, who has a bit of (undeserved) project insecurity, was none to pleased with what Michelle accomplished today. Comparatively speaking.
The finish line is in sight for Wallaby #4. Neck and hood and we have a green light for the 5th and final Wallaby. The Thanksgiving deadline is in sight. I've got 100% confidence.
I'm in the midst of knitting my Spiral Hat, this year's Knitting Central Signature Hat. It's knit flat with 2 skeins of Koigu. A easy pattern in 3 sizes.

This all being said, I need to get ready for work. :)

No comments: