A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Changing of the Seasons

Just like there is spring cleaning and the times we change our closets to reflect the change in season - so goes the yarn.

I spent a lovely couple of hours yesterday sorting through my yarn. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse (oops, wrong story). Other than my golden who was so happy to have me on the floor with him, that he wouldn't leave me alone; I was able to get organized.

And just like when you go through clothes, I had my categories:
1. the "no" pile for giving away
2. the unknit pile
3. yarn with a designated pattern
4. yarn that had a plan at some point and needs a new plan
5. yarn that never had a plan and still has no plan that I just had to have in that moment.

It was fun. I enjoyed all the colors, textures and pulled a few different yarns out for fall projects including holiday knits.

I learned I have a consistent desire to buy autumn varigated yarns, a deep love of purple and royal blue, and random acts of sparkly yarn.




Let the knitting begin.

No comments: