A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Don't Freak Out

I had my comeuppance yesterday.

There are times when I'm helping someone, that I have to take out the needle and rip back the stitches. Sometimes I remember to warn people that I'm going to do this, sometimes I don't. Invariably my actions are met with a sharp intake of breath and shock.

I decided to cut my hair short yesterday and was brushing it out to get the knots out. My stylist walked over and said, "we're cutting it short today right? ok, don't freak out..." she proceed to lop off 4" in one fell swoop. I didn't have anytime to react and thought immediately to how people feel when I take out their knitting.

I'm sure I will remember to be gentle about it in the future!

No comments: