A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Knitting/Crocheting

The weather this weekend was wonderful and I was able to sit outside and knit/crochet the whole weekend.
Here's the progress I've made on the crocheted Artyarns Kaleidoscope Scarf worked in 1-ply cashmere. This is part of a class I'm teaching at Knitting Central. The scarf comes in a kit in either pastel (shown above) or jewel tones.

We had a neighborhood pool party on Sunday and I worked on the sleeve for a sweater that has ribbed sleeves and collar in one yarn; I'm using Ella Rae Kamelsoft for that. The body is a lacy pattern that uses Tahki Stacy Charles Ritratto yarn.
I also got up to the armholes on my Cashmere Elite V-Neck Lace sweater. This is a pattern that I'm designing myself based on a class I took with Shirley Paden.

Monday night we went to the beach for dinner. It was absolutely beautiful.

No comments: