A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Tying up some loose ends


Literally. Weaving in the ends on four projects, and it feels so good.


Weekender sweater knit with Juniper Moon Farm Neve (Worsted: 100% Cotton, 222 yards). I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this.  The designer, Andrea Mowry, used several techniques to add a level of sophistication to this otherwise simple (and elegant), oversized sweater. This is a class at Westport Yarns that I will be offering again in August. Click here for details.

Neve is unlike any cotton yarn I've ever used. This is the second sweater I've knit with it. The first was a cardigan for my mother.


The Churchmouse Mohair Bias Loop was a purse project, something always with me. Yarn: Alchemy Haiku (Lace: 60% Mohair, 40% Silk, 325 yards). This was a one skein project.

Vary the Gate by Casapinka was knit with Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles (Fingering: 100% Merino, 400 yards). Another one skein wonder. As an aside Casapinka will be teaching two classes at Westport Yarns on Saturday, July 14. If you're in the area (or even if you're not), I highly recommend taking a class with her.


Then there were two Secret Squirrelly Design Projects that have been shipped off for photography, due to be published this fall by Tahki Stacy Charles.


Since I finished four projects, does that mean I can cast on for four new projects? Maybe not the best approach.


I'm working on a collaboration with the Yarn Catcher for her upcoming trunk show at Westport Yarns, Saturday, July 7. I absolutely love her colorways, one is better than the next. Good thing I spent all that time cleaning out my yarns ~ makes room for more!

© Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.
I'm casting on for my Banana Leaf Duster in Juniper Moon Farm Neve. (Yes, I'm knitting with this yarn again - I like it THAT much.) Believe it or not, I'm knitting it in a colorway called Olive Twist (no that isn't a trick name for purple)!!! For those green fans who do not know me very well, I am a purple girl through and though. It's just as strange for me as it is to those who know me.


Harry was not pleased to be used as a model for the picture. Maybe it clashes with his spots.



No comments: