A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Thursday, April 5, 2018

I never thought I'd be a Snowbird


I went somewhat reluctantly (to Florida) as I don't mind winters (for the most part). And, let's face it, I have lots of hand-knit winter woollies to keep me warm. Also, I enjoy my work and the people at Westport Yarns.


This was the first time in my life that I wasn't taking classes, raising kids, or working. I thought (and brought) tons of stuff to do that has been on the back burner for years. The amount of knitting I brought could've lasted me a year or more. I looked ahead at 4 months in Florida as a time to catch up: designing, reading, and exercising were a few of my goals.

 What's that expression? The best laid plans of mice and men? I am full of cliches today.


I will admit that I enjoyed it far more than I expected. Time had a way of evaporating and I never got to my lengthy list of stuff on the back burner. Of course I knit ~ everywhere.


What's more, Harry, LOVED IT.  

 

We enjoyed the beach, walks, and the climate. What's more, my parents were walking distance away. Harry and my Dad became best buds. He even won over my mother.


I found new friends at Knit or Knot Yarns where I taught classes. 

https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/pamgrushkin
The other thing I got into was doTERRA Essential Oils and became a Wellness Advocate. I experimented with different blends for rollers and diffusing. If you're not sure of what Essential Oils, are, you can click here to read more.

The oils were beneficial to me for improved sleeping, relieving headaches, and sore muscles. I experimented with blends to aid in memory, tinnitus, and boosting immunity. This has become a new passion for me. If you want more information ~ you can email me pam.grushkin at gmail.com


I also tried a new art form, Alcohol Inks. My mother is and has been an artist all her life. She has worked in oils, watercolor, Japanese watercolor, clay, and now Alcohol Inks. I really enjoyed it! I only did it once, and I could see myself getting hooked. My sister even wanted one of my paintings!

We got back to Connecticut in time for (one more?) snow storm and some chilly weather. I'm happy to wear some winter woollies. My husband, on the other hand, is not so happy.


Tucker and Harry had a happy reunion.






No comments: