A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Ready for an Adventure?

Sometimes I'm asked what I like to knit most. I don't have any specific technique or type of garment/accessory that I'm drawn to. What I am drawn to are things that are designed "outside the box".

© Joji
This fall my knitting adventure will be an upcoming class at Westport Yarns, where I will guide students through Rhapsody in Cables by Joji Locatelli.


I had the pleasure of meeting (and taking classes) with Joji at Vogue Knitting Live in New York City in January. She had this sweater with her and hadn't yet published it.

 
From the start I found it intriguing! I even got a chance to try it on.

© Joji
Per Joji, "This sweater has it all: a comfortable fit that is also elegant… cables, lace, exciting construction. It is built seamlessly in multiple directions and assembled as you work. To make things easy and clear, I have divided the instructions into sections, and I have also added a few schematics for you to understand what piece you will be working each time."


I'm knitting my sweater in Berroco Summer Silk (DK: 45% Silk, 43% Cotton, 12% Nylon, 240 yards. I love how the yarn feels as I knit with it and I think it will have great drape and stitch definition. What's more, with the fiber blend, it will be easily be a three season sweater.


The sweater starts with a provisional cast on in the center front.


Then you move on to part of the back...

I'm enjoying the process and watching the sweater grow. For those of you in the area, join me for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride ~ otherwise known as Rhapsody in Cables. Click here for class information.


Let the games begin.

No comments: