A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I'm running amok

For the past two-three months I have carefully controlled myself from having more than four truly active projects.  I admit there are four hibernating from the end of last winter.  Most of my knitting this fall has been deadline knitting: baby gifts, store samples, and holiday gifts.  As I have said before, I am a selfish knitter.  I've had this growing urge as I see all the lovely new yarns/samples come into Westport Yarns and after the pageantry of the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival.  I WANT TO KNIT SOMETHING FOR ME. ME, I TELL YOU.

I have crossed the line and am running amok.

I was handling myself well, maintaining my self-restraint (all the while collecting yarn for new projects). Only after finishing one, would I allow myself to cast on for the next.  How else will I finish if I spread myself too thin in the project department.  This was all well and good until my sister asked for my help.


She sent me a picture of yarns she bought at Rhinebeck with a message asking if I knew what patterns she was using for them.  This is a fair question, I take notes and since this is my "thing" I tend to have better recall.

Our conversation went something like this...




  

This was the "sexy gradient" named Edge of Temptation.  The names of the colors from left to right are: Temptation, Provocation, Persuasion,  Devotion, Passion, Obsession, Seduction.  We had a lively debate with our friend, Jennifer, on whether we agreed with their order. But I digress....


I found the patterns she was looking for by looking at her favorites.  I figured it would trigger my memory.  It did and I was able to solve the mystery.  


However, one pattern leads to another, and while I was looking through her favorites, I came upon Butterfly/Papillion. I was gobsmacked. 

© MarinJa knits
I was captivated by the pattern picture.


It should come as no surprise that not only have I downloaded the pattern, I have purchased the yarn. The project requires fingering weight yarn: one skein of a contrast and 4 skeins of Milli Colori Baby (or equivalents).

I'm still committed to finishing my holiday gifts first. As these are all secret squirrelly projects I have cast on for two projects I can knit around the family that will not arouse curiosity or suspicion.

© Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.
Vivacious Hi Lo Pullover in Falkland Aran (Aran:  100% Wool - Falkland, 197 yards) and


my Fallen Halo in Artyarns Cashmere 5 and Cashmere Glitter.

However, it gives me joy thinking of this butterfly in my queue, like a chrysalis waiting to open.


2 comments:

Mom said...

I loved the book and can't wait for the movie!

davali20012002 said...

I have lost count of my number of active projects!!!! I have truly and completely run amok!!!!!