A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, August 29, 2016

On the road again

I swear I bring more knitting projects than I do clothes.  At a minimum I spend more time struggling over what projects to bring than outfits to wear. I brought four projects in all.


We were headed to Boston for the weekend and took the long way round via Northampton.  I wanted to visit WEBS since one of my students said she saw my Centerport Cropped Poncho. It is always a thrill to see one of my designs knit up as a shop sample.

 
Of course I found a yarn that wanted to come home with me.  A la Cornelia (who names her sweaters by their yarns), this yarn was a study in sunsets.


Since I'm in the midst of a time sensitive design, that was a priority. 


On Friday, I spent the day with my daughters new kitten, Dash.  He is beyond cuteness. He tried to come home with me by first crawling into my handbag,


then into my tote bag.  He is very lucky he didn't find my yarn in there!


By the end of the day, I wore him out!


Over the weekend I finished the Jet Set Cowl knit with Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering (90% Merino, 10% Nylon, 400 yards).  I added an extra repeat to the center section since I had a little more yarn than the pattern called for. I love how it came out and the colorway is just beautiful: Path through Monet's Garden.  It lived up to its name.


I'm halfway through the Snowdrift Cabled Hat knit with Jade Sapphire 12 Ply Mongolian Cashmere (Bulky: 100% Cashmere, 60 yards). This is going to be a shop sample and class at Westport Yarns.


My Trains, Planes, and Automobiles was the perfect project to take to a Red Sox Game. I'm knitting this with Kid-Paillettes (Lace: 42% Mohair, 40% Polyester, 18% Silk, 137 yards).  Stockinette in the round, it doesn't get much easier than that.







No comments: